During his 2-year Fellowship at the Vancouver Prostate Centre, Dr Savdie conducted novel research on new MRI diagnostic tools for the diagnosis of prostate cancer. He also helped develop urine and blood-based DNA assays for the detection of bladder cancer. Dr Savdie has more than 25 peer reviewed scientific papers and has presented his research regularly at the annual AUA meeting in the USA, the largest international meeting on Urology. He is also a regular reviewer for Journal of Urology and Urologic Oncology.
- Crumbaker M, Savdie R , Joshua A. Refining the Refining the Assessment and Implications of AR-V7 in Castrate-resistant Prostate Cancer. European Urology. 2017 Nov. DOI10.1016/j.eururo.2017.11.005
- Savdie R , Aning J, So A, Black P, Gleave M, Goldenberg SL. Identifying intermediate-risk candidates for active surveillance of prostate cancer. July 2017 Urologic Oncology 35(10) .DOI10.1016/j.urolonc.2017.06.048
- Sabouri S, Chang S, Savdie R, Zhang J, Jones EC, Goldenberg SL, Black PC, Kozlowski P Luminal Water Imaging: A New MR Imaging T2 Mapping Technique for Prostate Cancer Diagnosis. April 2017. Radiology 284(2):161687 . DOI10.1148/radiol.2017161687
- Sabouri S, Fazli L, Chang SD, Savdie R, Jones EC, Goldenberg SL, Black PC, Kozlowski P. MR measurement of luminal water in prostate gland: Quantitative correlation between MRI and histology. J Magn Reson Imaging. 2017 Jan 27 46(3) DOI10.1002/jmri.25624
- Bruce HM, Stricker PD, Gupta R, Savdie R, Haynes AM, Mahon KL, Lin HM, Kench JG, Horvath LG. Loss of AZGP1 as a Superior Predictor of Relapse in Margin-Positive Localized Prostate Cancer. Prostate. 2016 Dec;76(16):1491-1500
- Bidnur S, Savdie R, Black P. Inhibiting immune checkpoints for the treatment of Bladder Cancer. Bladder Cancer. 2 (2016); 15-25.
- Tran M, Thompson J, Böhm M, Poolsbrook M, Moses D, Shnier R, Brenner P, Delprado W, Haynes AM, Savdie R, Stricker PD. Combination of multi-parametric magnetic resonance imaging (mp-MRI) and transperineal template-guided mapping biopsy (TTMB) of the prostate to identify candidates for hemi-ablative focal therapy. BJU Int. 2015 Feb 14
- Ting F, Bhat A, Savdie R, Ende D, Shein TT. Urological vignette: Satellite lesion in the bladder from urachal enteric adenocarcinoma. Int J Surg Case Rep. 2014; 5(3):145-8.
- Savdie R, Horvath L, PeBenito R, Rasiah KK, Haynes AM, Chatfield M, Stricker PD, Turner JJ, Delprado W, Henshall SM1, Sutherland RM1, Kench JG High Gleason grade carcinoma at a positive margin predicts biochemical failure after radical prostatectomy and may guide adjuvant radiotherapy. BJU Int. 2012 Jun;109(12):1794-1800
- Savdie R, Symons J, Spernat D, Yuen C, Pe Benito RA, Haynes AM, Matthews J, Rasiah KK, Jagavkar RS, Yu C, Fogarty G, Kattan MW, Brenner P, Sutherland RL, Stricker PD. High dose rate brachytherapy compared to open radical prostatectomy for the treatment of high-risk prostate cancer: 10 year biochemical relapse-free survival. BJU Int. 2012 Dec;110 Suppl 4:71-6
- Moore BM, Savdie R, PeBenito RA, Haynes A-M, Delprado W, Henshall SM, Sutherland RM, Rasiah KK, Stricker PD.The Impact of Nerve Sparing on Incidence and Location of Positive Surgical Margins in Radical Prostatectomy BJU Int. 2012 Feb;109(4):533-8
- Doumerc N, Yuen C, Savdie R, Rahman B, PeBenito RA, Haynes A-M, Delprado W, Matthews J, Rasiah KK, Stricker PD. Should experienced open prostatic surgeons convert to robotic surgery? The real learning curve for a single surgeon over 3 years. BJU Int. 2010 Aug;106(3):378-84
- Doumerc N, Yuen C, Savdie R, Rahman MB, Pe Benito R, Stricker P. Robot-assisted laparoscopic prostatectomy: analysis of an experienced open surgeon’s learning curve after 300 procedures. J Robot Surg. 2010 Jan;3(4):229-34.
- Beattie K, Symons J, Chopra S, Yuen C, Savdie R, Thanigasalam R, Pe Benito R, Haynes AM, Matthews J, Brenner P, Rasiah K, Sutherland R, Stricker P. A novel method of bladder neck imbrication to improve early urinary continence following robot-assisted radical prostatectomy. J Robotic Surg POI July 2012 10.1007/s11701-012-0371-2
- Gordon D, Savdie R, Thanigasalam R. An audit of the composition of the ANZ Journal of Surgery. ANZ J Surg Vol 80 (12), pp871-872, Dec 2010